Re: stored procedures / C-Language

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "FERREIRA William (COFRAMI)" <william(dot)ferreira(at)airbus(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: stored procedures / C-Language
Date: 2005-04-04 11:48:10
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

i'm trying to find some documentation about writing stored
procedures with C-language.
i found description in postgresql's documentation but i don't
understand everything.

Aat present, i have a pl/perl stored procedure but it isn't fast
enough, so somebody recommend me to write it using c-language.

i don't know how to create this, and how asking the database,
recovering data and managing them.

For the moment, my application is running on Windows 2000 NT, is
it possible to write stored procedures using C-language ? may i write
them using Visual C++ or does i need to use ANSI compiler ?

does this code will run with Linux or Solaris ?

sorry for all these questions, but i don't how it works, and my
application must works at the end of the week :-(

thanks a lots

At the moment you muse use MingW (http://www.mingw.org) to compile your
extensions. Assuming you don't use any platform specific code, it should
run fine on Linux or Solaris with a simlpe recompile (the postgresql
interfaces are the same).

(Visual C++ is an ANSI compliant compiler, but that won't help you
here..)

//Magnus