Re: [HACKERS] Some download statistics

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Some download statistics
Date: 2005-02-28 08:47:51
Lists: pgsql-www

> > > pgFoundry saw approximately 25,000 downloads of the pgInstaller.
> >
> > Does this take into consideratino something that was mentioned in a
> > seperate thread? Where Windows does 'multiple connects' to
> download
> > the same file?
>
> Not sure how pgInstaller counts downloads, so it's a firm I
> Don't Know.

AFAIK it works just like the one on the main site, meaning it counts it
once.

I think you may have the wrong stats, though. Assuming you'rel ooking at
the From what I can tell, a *total* of 8676 downloads of 8.0 and 3652 of
8.1 have come from pgFoundry (from the day they were released until
toady). Where did you find the figure 25000? I can't find it anywherre.

//Magnus