Re: pgcrypto module for WINDOWS

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: Mª José Sempere <mjose(at)pixelart(dot)es>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgcrypto module for WINDOWS
Date: 2004-12-11 18:42:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are interested in installing the pgcrypto module of PostgreSQL for Windows,
In order to use the function digest() for creating index on bytea type fields:

create unique index my_index on my_table (digest(my_bytea_field, 'md5'));

HOW CAN WE INSTALL THE PGCRYPTO MODULE FOR WINDOWS?
DO WE HAVE JUST TO INSTALL, OR DO WE NEED TO RECOMPILE SOMETHING?
In the first case (just install), what do we have to install and where do we have to download it from?
In the second case (recompile), what and how do we have to recompile and where do we have
to download it from?
We have found the library pgcrypto.dell in our hard disk, and also the files pgcrypto.sql and pgcrypto.readme. We have
read the pgcrypto.readme, but we are made a mistake.

Just run the commands in pgcrypto.sql through psql in the database you want to use pgcrypto from. This is done automatically if you check the box for pgcrypto during installation, but can just as easily be done manually afterwards.

//Magnus