Re: plperl won't load on Win2k3

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Raymond Auge" <RX_Auge(at)nickel(dot)laurentian(dot)ca>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plperl won't load on Win2k3
Date: 2004-10-19 08:45:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Hello All,
>
> I'd like to know what I am doing wrong. I've installed the
> 7.5 win32 version of Postgres (love it...). I've entered the
> bin directory and loaded the plpgsql language on my database
> (works fine)...
>
> I have perl 5.6.1 installed as well and would like to load
> the plperl language on the db as well.
>
> While in the %postgresql%\bin I try
>
> >createlang plperl dbname
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR: could not
> load library "C:/Pro gram Files/PostgreSQL/7.5/lib/plperl.dll": error
>
> The plperl.dll _IS_ there.
>
> I've added the perl interpreted to the path, but thought that
> maybe I also need the perl libs on a lib path.
>
> Can anyone say if this is correct and what how to set that value?

Hello!

Are you installing from the MSI installer? If so, you need ActiveState
Perl 5.8 for plperl to work - it will not work with 5.6, and it will
(probably) not work with other perl distributions.

If this is not the problem, use "depends.exe" from the support tools on
the plperl.dll and see if there is a broken DLL dependency somewhere.

Also, you shuold really upgrade to the latest beta. (It hasn't been
called 7.5 for quite a while).

//Magnus