Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 & NLS

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 & NLS
Date: 2004-10-17 19:00:06
Lists: pgsql-patches

>Magnus, can you try a quick standalone test program to see if Windows'
>setlocale seems to act that way? The FAQ you pointed at implies that
>GNU gettext has some issues in this area, but it doesn't say outright
>that the setlocale function itself fails.

Yup, still doesn't seem to work. Assuming this is what you wanted me to
test ;-) Test program attached, results below. It returns NULL for
whatever I try with LC_MESSAGES. And yes, Windows has weird names for
locales :-) See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/h
tml/_crt_language_strings.asp.

Or do I need to add some kind of initialization of the gettext library?

//Magnus

$ ./localetest.exe
LC_CTYPE -> NULL: C
LC_CTYPE -> C: C
LC_CTYPE -> en_US: (null)
LC_CTYPE -> english-us: English_United States.1252
LC_MESSAGES -> NULL: (null)
LC_MESSAGES -> C: (null)
LC_MESSAGES -> en_US: (null)
LC_MESSAGES -> english-us: (null)

Attachment Content-Type Size
localetest.c application/octet-stream 663 bytes