Re: Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Omar Kilani" <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design
Date: 2004-11-12 09:10:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

> Hi Again,
>
> We would like to put forward an alternate design to the
> current wwwdevel design.
>
> It is available at: http://postgresql.tinysofa.com/
>
> We believe that it is clean, professional and simple. And it
> makes the release of 8.0 actually... exciting. :)
>
> It is a *drop-in* replacement for the current pgweb design.
> No additional work is required to retrofit the current
> wwwdevel design.
> It's already done!

Not quite. My pet-peeve is back :-) I managed to get Alexey to change
About to Overview. It just seems very weird to find things like
"Interfacing postgresql with other software" under "About". Just my
opinion of course, and since things seem to drop back into About now and
then, perhaps I'm the only one with it.

> It validates. It is designed for 800x600 and up. And it looks
> pretty. :)

It indeed looks very good. But is there any reason why it can't be made
to use the full width of a browser window if it's large? It seems to
just center in the browser now...

> Of course, we're willing to help out with the content if our
> design is used. :)

Only with that design? :P I'm sure there are a lot of help needed with
content regardless of design, and since content and design aren't locked
together...

//Magnus