Terminal Server issues

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Terminal Server issues
Date: 2004-08-22 19:47:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I've done some more investigation on the issues with running initdb
(well, running the postgres backend actually, which initdb does in a
pipe of course). When I look at the actual error essage, it's "The
specified path is invalid"!

I don't see any reason why this should happen. I've also tried
experimenting with the Local\ and Global\ prefixes of the file mapping
object, but that makes no difference, the problem is still there.

Does anybody have any idea of why CreateFileMapping() would behave
differently on win2k terminal services (per report it works on win2k3 -
I haven't tried that myself, though)?

//Magnus