Re: [pgsql-www] Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available
Date: 2004-08-16 16:34:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

>> Also, we have no "uninstall" option on the START menu. Is
>> this intentional? I used the control panel to uninstall the
>> previous version.
>
>I'm a neat freak when it comes to menus so tend not to add uninstall
>options to the Start menu that simply replicate what's in Add/Remove
>Programs (which I think is where it should be anyway). You can also
>right-click the msi file and select uninstall incidently, and
>there is a
>todo item to allow add/remove components, uninstall and repair options
>if you run the installer a second time.

Agreed. I think adding the uninstall item to the start menu folder is
just a leftover from the time before there was an Add/Remove programs in
the control panel. You will notice that no anywhere-near-modern MS
products do it, which should be a good indicator that you're not
supposed to do it.

//Magnus