Re: [HACKERS] Tablespaces

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>, "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Win32 port list" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Tablespaces
Date: 2004-03-03 12:29:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> > I think Win2000 or XP would be a reasonable restriction for
> Win32 PG
> > installations that want tablespaces.
>
> FWIW, this restriction is already in place because of using
> named pipes in the signal implementation.

Not at all. We support NT4 as well. (And 2003. But that one support
junctions in the same way 2000/XP does)

But I agree that "no non-default tablespaces on NT4" is a reasonable
restriction.

> Also, Interix supports unix style symlinks which offers a
> choice to win32 administrators.

My definite guess is that it's implemented using NTFS junctions (since
it's still NTFS being used, right?). Just with a different API on top...

Interix also supports only 2000 + 2003, and not NT4, last time I
checked.

//Magnus