Re: Need help with nmake /f win32.mak

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Phil Rivard" <rivardp(at)shaw(dot)ca>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need help with nmake /f win32.mak
Date: 2003-12-30 09:43:55
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I can't get "nmake /f win32.mak" to execute properly. I'm running
under Windows 2000
> Professional with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET (2002).

> I am getting the following output when I run the command in the
interfaces\libpq directory.

> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.00.9466
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

> cl.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm57.tmp
> Bad command or file name

This looks like your PATH may be incorrect. Make sure you are running
the command from a "Visual Studio Command Prompt" (available under
Visual Studio in the start menu), not just a general command prompt.
This will set your PATH and other Visual Studio environment variables
correctly.

//Magnus