Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org
Date: 2004-03-12 11:39:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> However, some of the "porting" team felt that it would be
> confusing for people
> who typed in www.postgresql.net to be presented with the
> GForge interface,
> and suggested that we use the domain after what we'll be
> calling the new
> Tool, namely pgFoundry, thus putting stuff at www.pgFoundry.org and
> <projectname>.pgfoundry.org.

Can't the frontpage for the GForge interface be changed slightly? If the
frontpage was redesigned to state clearly that it's a "community
development site", and "go here for the site about the main postgresql
proejct", that should take care of the users that typed in
postgresql.net instead of .org.
Then the sites themselves would be whatever.postgresql.net as is usual
with gforge.

FWIW, I agree with those who feel that pgfoundry.org is not really
intuitive to go when looking for postgresql stuff, if you can't tell
that from above :-)

//Magnus