Re: APC + socket restrictions under Win32?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Claudio Natoli" <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: APC + socket restrictions under Win32?
Date: 2004-03-07 13:22:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

>Is anyone aware of any restrictions in what can be called
>within an APC,
>such as we queue for signal handling. Specifically, are there any
>restrictions related to socket calls?

None that I know of. The documentation doesn't list any. And remember
that such basic functinos as WriteFileEx and friends use APCs - and
there is no mention of sockets being affected by that.

I've used them in sockets based applications several times without any
issues, but it might be that this is a border case somewhere.

>I've fixed the code for pgstat processes under Win32 on my
>source base, and
>am now seeing behaviour which, afaics, can only be explained
>by failing to
>adhere to such a restriction.

Haven't looked at the details of this problem yet - can you elaborate a
bit on what you're seeing?
(And what did you have to fix?)

//Magnus