Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Oom on temp (un-analyzed table caused by JIT) V16.1 [Fixed Already]
Date: 2024-01-20 00:03:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 19 Jan 2024, at 23:09, Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> From a FUTURE email, I noticed pg_jit_available() and it's set to f??

Right, then this installation does not contain the necessary library to JIT
compile the query.

> Okay, so does this require a special BUILD command?

Yes, it requires that you compile with --with-llvm. If you don't have llvm in
the PATH you might need to set LLVM_CONFIG to point to your llvm-config binary.
With autotools that would be something like:

./configure <other params> --with-llvm LLVM_CONFIG=/path/to/llvm-config

--
Daniel Gustafsson