Questions on property values

From: Carsten Marx <Carsten(dot)Marx(at)uni-konstanz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Questions on property values
Date: 2005-05-18 06:57:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,
I've some small questions.
We use the Postgres 8.0-311 JDBC 3 driver in a appülication to
connect to a Postgres-DB-Server (Version(8.0)). The Target JDK is 1.4.2.
We need in our case a reliable connection. In other words, if the
connection is down, the JDBC driver should try to reconnect certain
times without throwing exceptions.
I looked via the DriverPropertyInfo[] method to all the available
properties, but there seems to be no options like autoReconnect and
maxReconnects as in the MySQL jbdc driver.
Am i blind? Or is there another way to do this?

Best Regards
Carsten Marx

--
University of Konstanz