Re: bytea_output

From: "Mark Watson" <mark(dot)watson(at)jurisconcept(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bytea_output
Date: 2010-08-06 13:46:57
Lists: pgsql-testers

>Hello testers,

>I have installed 9.0 beta 4 using the one click installer for windows 32
bit and running under Vista and used the default install directories. I
noticed that bytea output was in hex using my client application and also
using pgAdmin 1.12.0 beta 4, so I changed the config file to bytea_output =
'escape' (removing the # comment symbol of course). I stopped and restarted
the service, and the output is still in hex.

>Mark Watson

Additional info : After dropping and restoring the database, while
bytea_output is configured as 'escape', the data is presented correctly.
When restoring an 8.4.4 database, it appears that pg_restore does not
correctly convert bytea from escape to hex if the config file containg
bytea_output = 'hex'

-Mark