Compiling 32-bit for opteron

From: "Paul Fornari" <paul(dot)fornari(at)invarium(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Paul Fornari" <paul(dot)fornari(at)invarium(dot)com>
Subject: Compiling 32-bit for opteron
Date: 2004-09-27 18:03:26
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,

I've downloaded the postgresql-7.4.5 source and was able to successfully
build and install 64-bit optimized and debuggable versions; however I'm
having problems trying to get the 32-bit built. By default it seems to
always try to build 64-bit(maybe it triggering directly off 'uname' or
something). This may be a very basic question but does anyone know how
to tell make to perform a 32-bit build instead of 64-bit?

BTW, We are running here: linux on opteron

I really appreciate any help you can provide

Thanks,

Paul