Re: altering a column's collation leaves an invalid foreign key

From: Paul Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: altering a column's collation leaves an invalid foreign key
Date: 2024-03-25 06:47:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/23/24 10:04, Paul Jungwirth wrote:
> Perhaps if the previous collation was nondeterministic we should force a re-check.

Here is a patch implementing this. It was a bit more fuss than I expected, so maybe someone has a
better way.

We have had nondeterministic collations since v12, so perhaps it is something to back-patch?

Yours,

--
Paul ~{:-)
pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Re-check-foreign-key-if-referenced-collation-was-.patch text/x-patch 13.4 KB