"Out of memory" errors..

From: "Lim Berger" <straightfwd007(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Postgresql General List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: "Out of memory" errors..
Date: 2007-08-13 11:09:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am getting the following error while running queries such as "vacuum
analyze TABLE", even on small tables with a piddly 35,000 rows!

The error message:
--
ERROR: out of memory
DETAIL: Failed on request of size 67108860.

My postgresql.conf is below. I am on a Dual Core server with 4GB or
RAM, which runs MySQL as well (key_buffer for which is at around
800M). So I have allocated shared_buffers for postgresql based on that
number. The server also runs Apache and other stuff, but I have never
had any problem running the vacuum equivalent called "REPAIR TABLE" on
MySQL.

Thanks in advance for any inputs!

------POSTGRESQL.CONF-------
#--- Some tuning ~