RE: Connecting remotely - multi tier

From: "Clark, Joel" <jclark(at)lendingtree(dot)com>
To: "'Adam Lang'" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Connecting remotely - multi tier
Date: 2000-11-02 21:49:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

In-house or not, your data *is* your business. And the time factor is not
that bad, and in most cases it is faster because you can create generic,
reusable data services. The ease of deployment *alone* is enough to at
least give it proper analysis. DCOM, although clunky, is very well suited
for this kind of work if you are already running a SMB (windows) network.

Set Client = CreateObject("DBServices.Client", APPSERVER1) 'DCOM call
With Client.GetBySocial(SSN)
MsgBox .FirstName & " " & .LastName
End With
Set Client = Nothing

This is an over simplified example, but you can see the end result...

Joel