Re: autovacuum ignore tables

From: "Sriram Dandapani" <sdandapani(at)counterpane(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovacuum ignore tables
Date: 2006-09-29 17:59:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

I tried your code with the lock table followed by drop.

The lock table goes into a wait state AND all INSERTS (even new ones
coming in) go into a wait state.

Ps -ef | grep waiting shows the function call (that does the lock and
drop) in wait state as well as all INSERTS.

All jdbc inserts are committed cleanly. When the commit is done..the
autocommit for the connection is set to true (to flush out any open
transactions)