idle in transaction

From: "Sriram Dandapani" <sdandapani(at)counterpane(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: idle in transaction
Date: 2006-09-07 16:38:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi

We use jboss 4 with the postgresql-8.1-404.jar as the postgres driver
(the database is 8.1.2)

I notice a lot of "idle in transaction" processes on the postgres server
box.

This causes problems for autovacuum and generally the vacuuming process
and prevents vacuum from completing the run.

How can we completely get rid of idle in transaction. We close all
connections (jboss pooling is used).