Re: Strange server error with current 8.0beta driver

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange server error with current 8.0beta driver
Date: 2004-11-20 01:28:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> writes:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Barry Lind wrote:
>> ERROR: unrecognized node type: 25344832

> This type of error points to a bug in the server.

Right. Could we see a test case?

If you did not build the server with --enable-cassert, try doing so;
that will probably make the error more reproducible. I suspect that
you've found a problem with dangling pointers or some such, and the
variability depends on whether the referenced memory has been re-used
yet. --enable-cassert turns on code to wipe freed memory immediately,
so it should make it easier to track down the query that causes this.