Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code
Date: 2020-01-16 18:39:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Robert,

On 1/16/20 11:37 AM, David Steele wrote:

> The next question in my mind is given the caveat that the error handing
> is questionable in the front end, can we at least render/parse valid
> JSON with the code?

Hrm, this bit was from an earlier edit. I meant:

The next question in my mind is what will it take to get this working in
a limited form so we can at least prototype it with pg_basebackup. I
can hack on this with some static strings in front end code tomorrow to
see what works and what doesn't if that makes sense.

Regards,
--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net