ODBC driver and refcursors

From: Farooq <shorrt_circuit(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC driver and refcursors
Date: 2009-05-28 05:25:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Everyone,

I've been using 8.1 server and odbc driver with my
application on windows and it has been working fine. I
upgraded to 8.3.4 and started seeing issues with some of my
queries.

Here is the scenario:

create table users (userid int, username varchar(10));

insert into users values (1,'user1');
insert into users values (2,'user2');
insert into users values (3,'user3');
insert into users values (4,'user4');
insert into users values (5,'user5');

-- And I have functions similar to this

create or replace function test_cursor( refcursor, uid
int)
returns refcursor as
$$
BEGIN
open $1 for

select userid, username
from users
where userid >uid;

return $1;
END;
$$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

-- My application sends this query

select * from test_cursor('curs',3);
fetch all in "curs";

With 8.1 odbc driver, I get the below rows:

userid | username
--------------------
4 | user4
5 | user5

And with 8.3 odbc driver, I get

test_cursor
curs

The database server is the same with both drivers; what has changed
in the new odbc driver? Do I need to configure something
while creating the DSN?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Farooq