PostgreSQL

From: "Camarao, Wagner (v)" <Wagner(dot)Camarao(at)bowneglobal(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "'info(at)pgsql(dot)com'" <info(at)pgsql(dot)com>
Subject: PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-03-26 18:06:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello there, I hope I can count on your help.

Is it possible to referes to a table from an external database in
the same server while executing a command?

Suppose I am connected to my databaseA and I want to get some data
from databaseB (on the same server). Should I do something like:

insert into tableA (select * from databaseB.tableB);

like [dbo]. in MS SQL Server??

Thank's,

Wagner Camarão, Developer
Bowne Global Solutions

Phone +55 21 2515-7830
Mobile +55 21 8856-8568
wagner(dot)camarao(at)bowneglobal(dot)com(dot)br
www.bowneglobal.com.br