Re: Minor correction in alter_table.sgml

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Minor correction in alter_table.sgml
Date: 2016-12-21 20:26:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> So maybe something like
>>
>> All the forms of ALTER TABLE that act on a single table,
>> except RENAME and SET SCHEMA, can be combined into a
>> list of multiple alterations to be applied together.

> Committed and back-patch'd that way.

BTW, so far as the HEAD version of this patch goes, I notice that
ATTACH PARTITION and DETACH PARTITION were recently added to the
list of exceptions. But they're not exceptions according to this
wording: they act on more than one table (the parent and the
partition), no? So we could simplify the sentence some more by
removing them again.