Re: POC and rebased patch for CSN based snapshots

From: "Andrey V(dot) Lepikhov" <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: "movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca" <movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: POC and rebased patch for CSN based snapshots
Date: 2020-07-15 09:06:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7/13/20 11:46 AM, movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca wrote:

I continue to see your patch. Some code improvements see at the attachment.

Questions:
* csnSnapshotActive is the only member of the CSNshapshotShared struct.
* The WriteAssignCSNXlogRec() routine. I din't understand why you add 20
nanosec to current CSN and write this into the WAL. For simplify our
communication, I rewrote this routine in accordance with my opinion (see
patch in attachment).

At general, maybe we will add your WAL writing CSN machinery + TAP tests
to the patch from the thread [1] and work on it together?

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/07b2c899-4ed0-4c87-1327-23c750311248%40postgrespro.ru

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-improvements.patch text/x-patch 4.4 KB