longchar data type??

From: Ben Davis <bendavis78(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: longchar data type??
Date: 2006-01-20 00:07:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all. I'm desparately trying to get Microsoft Project to connect to work
with my postgresql server via ODBC. For some reason, MS Project tries to
create a column with the datatype "longchar" when it should be
"longvarchar". Is it possible to tweak the psqlodbc source code so that it
will accept the "longchar" type and convert it to "text" ?? I'd be happy
to write a patch if someone can point me in the right direction...