Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
To: "andres(at)anarazel(dot)de" <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Date: 2019-01-31 13:13:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

Yeah, we have no consensus.

Another open question is about logging new primary_conninfo:

> LOG: parameter "primary_conninfo" changed to "host=/tmp port=5432 password=hoge"

I my opinion this is not issue, database logs can have sensitive data. User queries, for example.
If we not want expose such info - it is ok just hide new value from logs with new GUC flag? Or i need implement masked conninfo for this purpose?

regards, Sergei