Re: [HACKERS] Transaction abortions & recovery handling

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ed Loehr <eloehr(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>
Cc: pghackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Transaction abortions & recovery handling
Date: 2000-03-09 01:04:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ed Loehr <eloehr(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com> writes:

>> Er ... run 7.0beta ?

> Based on recent threads on this list, I have the
> impression that 7.0beta is not quite ready for production.

A fair objection, since in fact it isn't. Moving to 7 now will probably
cost you at least one extra dump/initdb/reload cycle, since we are
likely to force another initdb before final release. However, if the
alternative is continuing to get bit by a 6.5 bug, it seems to me that
being an early adopter of 7.0 is not such a bad choice.

I wouldn't actually suggest picking up 7.0beta1 at this point, since
we've fixed a number of flaws since then; the latest nightly snapshot
would be better. Or you might want to wait for 7.0beta2, which should
be out in a day or two.