Re: Database information

From: "Gourish Singbal" <gourish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "E(dot)Karystinakis(at)bradford(dot)ac(dot)uk" <E(dot)Karystinakis(at)bradford(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database information
Date: 2006-03-01 09:15:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Use the pg_dump utility in postgresql.
1. to export the database data use .
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump [database_name] > filename.dat

2. to export only the schema of the database .
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -s [database_name] > schema_filename.sql

NOTE:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump --help
is ur friend.

On 2/27/06, E(dot)Karystinakis(at)bradford(dot)ac(dot)uk <E(dot)Karystinakis(at)bradford(dot)ac(dot)uk>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a student at the university of Bradfordat the department of
> Computing. In
> the labs we use postgeSQL. If it is possible can you please inform me how
> I can
> create .dat files with the information of the tables of the existing
> database
> and a .sql file which will have the tables that are created? I would
> appreciate
> your help.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Karystinakis Evangelos

> This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
> To report misuse from this email address forward the message
> and full headers to misuse(at)bradford(dot)ac(dot)uk

Best,
Gourish Singbal