Re: Where to stick function setuid

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where to stick function setuid
Date: 2000-09-17 17:52:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Where were we on this? Yes/No/Maybe?

>> I don't quite understand. Do you mean like a PL function handler? But then
>> this thing wouldn't work for external PL's unless we either have a setuid
>> version of each or have nested handlers.

Sorry, I forgot to reply. Nested handlers were exactly what I was
advocating. Or more accurately, *a* nested handler; you'd only need
one regardless of the target function's language. I'm envisioning
that it'd have fn_extra pointing at a block that contains the UID to
be used for the call and the FmgrInfo for the underlying function.