large objects

From: s(dot)chava(at)wcom(dot)com (Srinivasa Rao Chava)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: large objects
Date: 2001-08-02 18:43:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
we are pl/pgsql as the procedural language for clinet interface.
and we need to create some large objects within pl/pgsql. I did not
get any clue about how to create large objects and access them within
pl/pgsql, not from 'c'
language interface. I don't know whether postgresql has the provision
to create large objects in pl/pgsql procedures and functions at all.
If any body has an idea about it , please help me. I want to know
whether it is possible or not to create it.
thanks
chava