Re: error error [starting the service in Windoze...]

From: "Greg Cocks" <gcocks(at)stoller(dot)com>
To: "Patrik Forsman" <patrikf(at)luukku(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error error [starting the service in Windoze...]
Date: 2007-12-04 22:39:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

Assuming you have a Windows install, have you tried going to the Control Panel, Users, and deleting the user 'Posgres' before your reinstall OR changing its password to one you know? (assuming you are logged on as an admin?) This is the user that starts the Windoze service... it should need no 'maintenance tasks', but it is not allowed to have Admin rights I believe... Note that 'Postgres' is the default user at the install for the service, but you might have changed this during your initial installation of PostgreSQL...

Cheers:
GREG COCKS
gcocks(at)stoller(dot)com