Re: Generate call graphs in run-time

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Joel Jacobson <joel(at)gluefinance(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Generate call graphs in run-time
Date: 2012-01-09 23:35:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> Generates call graphs of function calls within a transaction in run-time.

Related to this... we had Command Prompt write a function for us that would spit out the complete call-graph of the current call stack whenever it was called. Alvaro didn't need to add any hooks to the backend to accomplish this, so it would seem that the call stack is already available. That might simplify what you're doing.

I don't see this posted on pgFoundry yet, so I've attached it.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net

Attachment Content-Type Size
stack.tgz application/octet-stream 3.1 KB