Re: Question about disk layout for new OLAP db

From: "Ewan, Michael" <michael(dot)ewan(at)intel(dot)com>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Question about disk layout for new OLAP db
Date: 2009-08-03 15:24:31
Lists: pdxpug

Thanks for the info, that helps greatly.

I don't foresee any bottle necks, but I don't have any data loaded yet, I'm just setting up the server and want to get the optimum layout. Speaking of that, are there any tools for measuring PostgreSQL performance.

Also, what are the preferred query tools, besides command line and pgAdmin3?