Re: [bug fix or improvement?] Correctly place DLLs for ECPG apps in bin folder

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Asif Naeem" <anaeem(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix or improvement?] Correctly place DLLs for ECPG apps in bin folder
Date: 2014-07-09 12:53:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
> I think the suggestion by Peter Eisentraut upthread was pretty
> reasonable -- the Makefiles are already aware that they are building a
> shared library, so scrape the info off them. The less hardcoded stuff
> in the msvc framework, the better.

I overlooked his mail. Do you mean something like this? (I don't know yet
how to express this in Perl)

for each Makefile in under top_dir_in_source_tree or src/interfaces
{
if (Makefile contains SO_MAJOR_VERSION)
{
extract NAME value from Makefile
move lib/lib${NAME}.dll to bin/
}
}

But the source tree contains as many as 206 Makefiles. I'm worried that it
will waste the install time. Should all these Makefiles be examined, or 16
Makefiles in src/interfaces/?

Regards
MauMau