Re: Files on their way

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai(at)wxs(dot)nl>
Cc: Andreas Grabmüller <webmaster(at)letzplay(dot)de>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Files on their way
Date: 2003-11-12 03:15:00
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wednesday, November 12, 2003, at 04:48 AM, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai
wrote:

> -On [20031111 20:42], Andreas Grabmüller (webmaster(at)letzplay(dot)de) wrote:
>> Well, I have uploaded it, it's just not really working ;)
>> http://wwwdevel2.postgresql.org/en/index.htm

I'd say it's not working at all! :) Hopefully some of this will be
fixed in in the files I resent.

> The CSS is messed up for Opera.

What version are you running?

> You have additional white pixels in the sidebars.
>
> Also the center column is shifted by about another column's breadth to
> the right.

There's also some buggy behavior in Mac IE5.2—it adds an extra blank
column width on the right.

> Advice, make hefty use of explicit:
>
> padding: 0px
> margin: 0px
<snip/>
> Not every browser treats missing/omitted padding and/or margin as 0.

Good advice. I added a quick body { padding:0; margin:0 } and for the
other non-id'd or unclassified tags as well. That should bring
everything down to 0 unless explicitly declared elsewhere, though there
might be inheritance issues that need to be addressed directly.

Michael