Re: Prepared statement not using an index

From: Dave Cramer <dave(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Jan de Visser <jdevisser(at)digitalfairway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Prepared statement not using an index
Date: 2005-09-02 13:12:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

You can actually get postgres to use an index in like %bar

postgres has functional indexes so you need to create an index on
reverse(col) and then use that function in the select statement.

It's been a while, the details of actual implementation are sketchy,
perhaps the performance list would be more appropriate.

Dave