Please help! Postgres stopped working after restarting computer!

From: wei shao <shaselai(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Please help! Postgres stopped working after restarting computer!
Date: 2008-05-15 14:21:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

Here is the general info:

Bug reference: 4172
Logged by: alex
Email address: shaselai(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system: windows xp
restart
Details:

I installed 8.3.1 fine and the service starts and
works fine. However,
after
I restart the computer and opens up pgAdmin3.exe and
try to start the
service again i get error message:
"Failed to start server pgsql-8.3:Errcode=1069. Check
event log for
details."

The log folder doesn't show any error problems. When I
run the psql.exe
on
the command line i get:
"psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "???" and
accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432? "
I checked using netstat -an and 5432 is not even
listed being in
use/listening. I also tried changing the port in
pgadmin to something
else
like 5050 but same error.

Right now the only "fix" i can come up with is to
uninstall and
reinstall...

is there a fix to this problem? thanks!