Re: ipc-daemon cannot run as an NT service under latest Cygwin CVS

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: jason(at)tishler(dot)net (Jason Tishler), cedric(dot)dufour(at)freesurf(dot)ch (Cdric Dufour)
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org, cygwin(at)cygwin(dot)com (Cygwin)
Subject: Re: ipc-daemon cannot run as an NT service under latest Cygwin CVS
Date: 2002-08-06 11:35:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason,
[...]
>> 1. 'ipc-daemon --install-as-service' doesn't seem to work on Windows
>> XP (it generates a timeout error when trying to start the service ->
[...]
[...]
>I just determined that I cannot run cygipc's ipc-daemon directly as an
>NT service with Cygwin DLLs after 1.3.12 even under Windows 2000. What
>version of Cygwin are you using (i.e., uname -a)? Are you using a post
>1.3.12 snapshot or CVS?
^^^^^^
[...]

If I remeber well, Charles Wilson, the maintainer of the ipc-daemon made a post on the cygwin mail list after the initial release of the 1.3.12 version of the dll (which he rejected, but ... :).

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop(at)Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/