no prompt in psql!!!

From: "Gurjeet Singh" <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "PGSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: no prompt in psql!!!
Date: 2006-05-28 04:53:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

If I use mingw's rxvt.exe shell, I can't see any prompt in psql.
In a message to -patches
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/2003-09/msg00019.php),
Bruce said:

The MinGW command console seems to have some problems with flushing
output to the screen (no prompt, no errors display), but the same binary
runs fine in CMD.EXE. We can look at that later.

I don't know if this problem has been fixed! I am running Win2K.
psql is running just fine from cmd.exe, and from the sh.exe run from
within that!! Following are the sessions:

From MinGW:

$ psql test postgres
\set
VERSION = 'PostgreSQL 8.2devel on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC
gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special)'
AUTOCOMMIT = 'on'
VERBOSITY = 'default'
PROMPT1 = '%/%R%# '