Re: PSQL under Windows XP

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: "Kevin Crenshaw" <kcrenshaw(at)tiewireinc(dot)com>
Cc: "Danny Gaethofs" <dgaethofs(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PSQL under Windows XP
Date: 2005-05-30 14:13:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

On May 30, 2005, at 9:52 AM, Kevin Crenshaw wrote:

> What works for me is to log in as 'postgres' on the template1 database.
> From there you can use the 'create database' command to create a new
> database. When that's done, quit template1 and then log in to the new
> database as 'postgres'.

Additionally, there is a createdb.exe command line utility specifically
designed for this purpose (it should be in the same folder as psql). It
is a little cleaner for this task since you do not have to specify an
existing database to connect to.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/app-createdb.html

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/