Re: Multiple databases?

From: Turbo Fredriksson <turbo(at)bayour(dot)com>
To: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Multiple databases?
Date: 2017-09-15 11:11:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 15 Sep 2017, at 07:55, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> 1) pgjdbc is configured with a full set of connection URLs, targetServerType=master (default value is "any”)

Ok, so it uses a connection pool (c3p0) and he managed to figure out this
config line on his machine (that only have a ONE local PGSQL):

jdbc:postgresql://localhost,server2,server3/fc?targetServerType=master

It connected just fine to his local server AND tried server2 and server3 if he
shut that down.

HOWEVER, that doesn’t solve my problem with load balancing :(.

So my my question is still, if I give it

jdbc:postgresql://round-robin/fc?targetServerType=master

where ‘round-robin’ is a DNS round-robin entry for ALL the servers,
master AND all the replicas, will this still work?