Weak Password!

From: Mehul Doshi-A20614 <mehul(at)motorola(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Weak Password!
Date: 2005-03-17 17:41:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I had PostgreSQL-beta-5 installed until recently. I uninstalled it & installed the PostgreSQL-8.01 official Postgres release. While installing, I came across a slight problem:
In the service configuration gui, I entered a new service account user, as follows:

Account name as "postgresnew",
Account password as "Post2restes$"
Verify password as "Post2restes$"

It gave me a weak password error. So I went back & tried to enter a stronger password. It wont even accept a password such as !(at)#$%^12345

How do I set a password which it accepts fine? What are the requirements for such a password?

Thanks & Regards,
Mehul