View column defaults in pgAdminIII

From: <btober(at)seaworthysys(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: View column defaults in pgAdminIII
Date: 2003-10-13 13:13:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

I recently installed pgAdmin III and am happy to see the great work done
by the team.

Thank you very much for so great a software tool!

Especially of interest to me are the facts that

1) the view definition DDL code is now presented with some CRLF's, i.e.,
more "pretty" than as in II, where it was one, large, continuos string.

2) rules on views are displayed.

3) complex type definitions are displayed.

Now, is this mail list the appropriate place for improvement
suggestions/feature requests?

IF so, then what I'd like to see (and regret that I don't have the
programming skills to actual implement these suggestions) are

a) I'd really like the view DDL to include the CRLF's that I had put for
formatting convenience in the original view creation statement, rather
than have the pgAdminIII just insert them at pre-defined, generically
appropriate places (which looks like before each major key word of a
SELECT statement). When I want to review or modify a view definition, I
often end up having to navigate with the right-arrow key through the view
and inserting a CRLF before each view column, for instance.

b) Include in the view definition DDL any column defaults. When I do a
pg_dump -t myview... at the server console, the output includes not only
the view DDL, rules, and permissions, but also column defaults. Would be
nice for the sake of completeness to see the column defaults in the
pgAdminIII DDL also.

~Berend Tober