How can I know if a row is Locked?

From: Carlos Santos <carloscompels(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Lista PostgreSQL SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How can I know if a row is Locked?
Date: 2007-04-13 11:27:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

How can I know if a row is locked by another transaction.
I have in a transaction like that:

BEGIN;
SELECT * FROM compels.teste WHERE id = '1' FOR UPDATE;

PS1: where id is the primary key.
PS2: The COMMIT command is done after a long time.

In this case the row with the primary-key equals to '1' will be locked to other transactions until the COMMIT command be executed.
So, how can I detect if this row is locked?

Tks

Carlos Henrique Iazzetti Santos
Compels Informática
Santa Rita do Sapucaí - MG
www.compels.net

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/