postgresql_autodoc tool

From: "Aycock, Jeff R(dot)" <JEFF(dot)R(dot)AYCOCK(at)saic(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql_autodoc tool
Date: 2009-12-10 13:33:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I'm using postgresql_autodoc tool (v. 1.40) to document Postgresql 8.4
databases and have a couple of questions. This tool works great in
documenting all of the database objects with the exception of triggers
and permissions. I can see in the Perl script where permissions
information are collected from the database but it would not produce
anything in its output. I tried to modify it to make it work but have
not succeeded.

My first question is this: has anyone run into the same problem as I
have with permissions? I've checked the databases and they are showing
permissions for a number of individuals.

My second question is has anyone succeeded in getting trigger
information using this tool?

Thanks and have a great day.

Jeff