libeay32.dll and libpq.dll

From: seijin(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libeay32.dll and libpq.dll
Date: 2007-11-30 23:28:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm working on a Windows application that will connect to a Postgresql
database without having through ODBC.

I'm using libpq and testing with a simple PQconnectdb/PQfinish call
but the application fails as soon as PQconnectdb is called. The error
I get says that libeay32.dll is missing. I have no idea what this
program is and why it would be required.

I've tested this exact same code before on a PC where I had installed
the Windows ODBC driver for Postgesql and the code worked using libpq
like it should. However, on this new machine, I get the libeay32.dll
error.

Any thoughts on this? I don't have to install the ODBC driver, do I?
It would hurt if that is true.

Update... One thing - I found a copy of this file in a directory for
SmartTerm so I tried copying it over to my test application's
directory. Now when I run it, I get "procedure entry point
X509_STORE_set_flags could not be located in the dynamic link library
libeay32.dll"

I have no idea why this is being required.

Help?