Re: How to find out who is calling the function

From: Duane Lee - EGOVX <DLee(at)mail(dot)maricopa(dot)gov>
To: "'BARTKO Zoltan'" <bartko(dot)zoltan(at)pobox(dot)sk>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to find out who is calling the function
Date: 2004-06-07 16:11:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Why not use CURRENT_USER?

-----Original Message-----
From: BARTKO Zoltan [mailto:bartko(dot)zoltan(at)pobox(dot)sk]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 10:34 PM
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [GENERAL] How to find out who is calling the function

Dear friends,

I had a look at www.pgsql.ru <http://www.pgsql.ru> , looking for how to find
out what user is calling the function - from inside the function. No luck.

Could someone enlighten me:

I have a stored function. I want to do the following:

if caller() = ''userA'' then
return -1; -- error
else
return 0;
end if; -- OK

caller() is the function I am looking for. Is there any function like this?
If not, is there a way how to write one?

Thanks

Zoltan